Member Services/Office Manager
The Voyager HQ team is searching for an ambitious rockstar to help operate our travel startup community workspace in the Chelsea/Flatiron area of NYC. We are looking for a Member Services/Office Manager who can get things done around the office and provide support to our team and the members of our community.
As a background, Voyager HQ is a brand new community connecting startup founders to investors and corporate partners in the travel, leisure, and hospitality industries. We have over 350 members in our digital membership and 40 members in our coworking and event space in Flatiron.
This role is essential to the success of the Voyager HQ team and all of our members. You are the go-to person for all questions about the office and you have all the answers! Call it office manager, operations manager, member services manager, hell... even Chief Person Who Gets Shit Done - we are looking for team members who want to be a part of an early stage startup and get their hands dirty.
You will work closely with the Community Manager to provide top-notch customer service to all guests and create an efficient and streamlined working office environment. You'll be surrounded by and constantly meeting brilliant entrepreneurs and leaders in the travel industry, all working together to create the future of travel experiences - not a bad gig!
Are you passionate about travel, startups, and being a part of something new and exciting? If yes, then you should apply. Don't let this ship sail, because we're moving quickly.
Front Desk Management:
- Opening the office every morning and maintaining order and cleanliness throughout the day.
- Greeting, welcoming, engaging, and directing visitors in a way that makes them feel like they are on their first trip overseas.
- Facilitate conference room bookings for members, sending calendar invites, making sure rooms are tidy
- Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed
- Maintain security by following procedures and controlling access. Monitoring visitor check-ins, issuing key cards, monitoring freight elevator use.
- Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers
- Support the Community Manager with all clerical and administrative tasks associated with member onboarding and offboarding.
- Maintain office efficiency by implementing office systems for organization of storage and digital files. Making suggestions for office policies to the Managing Director.
- Responsible for all Event operations support, updating appointment calendars, booking and setting up rooms, assisting with catering requests, creating Run-Of-Show documents, hosting guests.
- Organize and maintain all keys for the office, including private offices, member lockers, keycards and elevator keys.
- Responsible for all supply ordering and maintenance within the monthly budget. Includes maintaining vendor relations.
- Organize the fun! Support Community Manager to coordinate happy hours and internal events for the team and community.
- Passion for travel and startup companies and culture. Affinity for technology.
- Preferably some experience in operations or customer service
- Undergraduate degree
- Experience with information-technology systems, database management and Excel and Microsoft Office knowledge, is a must.
- Excellent organizational skills; detail-oriented, and deadline driven
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with Voyager's members, partners, and team