The Voyager HQ team is searching for an ambitious rockstar to help grow our travel startup community workspace in the Chelsea/Flatiron area of NYC. We are looking for a Community Manager who can advocate for Voyager HQ to potential members and partners worldwide.
As a background, Voyager HQ is a brand new community connecting startup founders to investors and corporate partners in the travel, leisure, and hospitality industry. We have over 350 members in our digital membership and 40 members in our coworking and event space in Flatiron.
This role is essential to the success of the Voyager HQ mission. You are the face of Voyager HQ and the first point of contact for all potential members, mentors, and service providers. You are a natural leader with exceptional communication and decision-making skills, who treats others with respect and professionalism. We are looking for a team member who wants to be part of an early stage startup that gets things done, but isn't afraid to get a little goofy along the way! Daily hi-fives a must!
You will work closely with the Managing Director to build and develop an active community of startup founders, sponsors, partners and mentors all working from our Headquarters office. You will also work closely with the Digital Director and Office Manager to create a vibrant community culture by organizing community-led events and leading communication with the team and members. You'll be surrounded by and constantly meeting brilliant entrepreneurs and leaders in the travel industry, all working together to create the future of travel experiences - not a bad gig!
Are you passionate about travel, startups, and being a part of something new and exciting? If yes, then you should apply. Don't let this ship sail, because we're moving quickly.
- Pursue strategic opportunities to cultivate partnerships with corporate sponsors and investors.
- Identify new markets for engaging potential members, assisting with outbound sales campaigns.
- Maintain online conference room rental platforms and increase monthly sales.
- Give tours of the space to potential members, private office rentals, and hourly room rentals.
- Maintain regular monthly desk-rental deal flow
- Maintain the invoicing system for all sales.
- Actively engage digital member community with opportunities for collaboration, investment, event attendance, industry news/insights.
- Actively engage headquarters community by planning and organizing community-led events.
- Organize and execute industry programming events; roundtables, office hours, lunch and learns, etc.
- Responsible for all critical communication with members, including weekly newsletter drafting.
- Acting Fire Warden for the office and main point of contact for building maintenance staff.
- Bi-annual attendance at Emergency Action Planning meetings scheduled by building.
- Organize the fun! Coordinate happy hours and internal events for the team and community!
- A passion for Travel with a background in Technology. Affinity for the startup community and culture.
- Preferably some previous sales or business development experience
- Undergraduate degree
- Experience with information technology systems, database management, and Excel and Microsoft Office knowledge are a must.
- Excellent organizational skills; detail-oriented, and deadline driven
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with Voyager's members, partners, and team.